To allow for the installation of aftermarket speaker in the doors of many Subaru vehicles, I fabricate and sell spacers/adapters to fit most new and recent Subaru models.
I make the majority of my adapters from 3/4″ thick PVC to prevent cracking, swelling, and rotting of the spacers- something that is all too common with traditional wood and wood composite spacers or adapters.
Price is $35 shipped for a pair; $60 shipped for all 4, in the Continental United States. I DO ship internationally. Contact me for pricing information.
- Legacy / Outback 1996-1999 = Front only
- Legacy / Outback 2000-2012 (Including those with “premium” OEM sound systems) = Front and Rear
- Forester 1996-2008 = Front
- Forester 1996-2008 = Rear: See link: http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/rear-spacers-gd-impreza-and-sg-forester/
- Forester 2009-2012 = Front and Rear
- Baja 03-06 = Front and Rear
- Saab 92x = Front
- Saab 92x = Rear: See Link: http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/rear-spacers-gd-impreza-and-sg-forester/
- Impreza (including WRX and STi) 96-2007 = Front
- Impreza (including WRX and STi) 96-2007 = Rear: See Link: http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/rear-spacers-gd-impreza-and-sg-forester/
- Impreza (Including WRX and STi) 08-2012 = Front and Rear
- Subaru BRZ and Scion FRS: See link: http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/subaru-brz-and-scion-fr-s/
- Subaru Crosstrek XV adapters/spacers now available- http://www.subaruaudio.net/installations/crosstrek-xv/
In addition to the typical Subaru 6.5″ adapters, I also make adapters for the rear of the GD Impreza and the SG Forester models, as well as adapters or spacers for the front doors and dash of the Subaru BRZ and the Scion FR-S.
For different Subaru vehicles, I have procured a variety of materials that work in different applications.
- PVC material (nearly identical to that used in my 3/4″ front spacers)
- “Plexiglass” materials- Lexan and Lucite Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The majority of my adapters are made from PVC, which is a strong, dense material that is perfect for use in automobile applications.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY of 1″ thick PVC material:
I have secured a source for 1″ thick PVC material, however it is both difficult to get AND more expensive than the 3/4″ material. Getting this material is about a 1-hour trip for me beyond where I work (already a 1-hour drive each way) and the cost is more than double the cost of the 3/4″ PVC material. HOWEVER, I have enough to make roughly 10 sets. Cost will be $45 per pair, shipped.
I do not recommend this unless you need the extra depth. The thicker depth may require filing and/or trimming of the inside of your door panel and/or minor filing of the adapters. I never tested the 1″ adapters in any vehicles (but several Forester, Legacy, and Impreza owners HAVE used stacked versions of my 1/4″ adapters and my 3/4″ PVC adapters to gain more depth), so I have to issue that disclaimer.
See links for photographs of the deeper adapters:
This additional depth MAY require extended door pins, in certain applications, but I have not (to date) received feedback that anyone actually needed the extended door pins.
Adapters for most Subaru applications are made from 3/4″ PVC material and are custom cut to fit your specific speakers. If you don’t know what speakers you want, I have 2 “generic” cutouts that fit about 95% of speakers classified as 6.5″ (for the “small” adapters) and 6.75″ (for the”large”). Those sizes apply to speakers from “regular” manufacturers that you can buy at large stores or chains. Any niche brands are likely to require a custom cutout- please contact me.
If anyone needs a special cutout for a 5.25″ speaker, I can do those as well.
- Third generation (1998–2004) – BE, BH
- Fourth generation (2005–2009) – BL, BP
- Fifth generation (2010–present) – BM, BR
- First generation (SF, 1997–2002)
- Second generation (SG, 2003–2008)
- Third generation (SH, 2009–present)
Impreza (including WRX & STi and Outback Sport models):
- First generation (GC/GF/GM, 1993–2001*)
- Second generation (GD/GG, 2000–2007)
- Third generation (GE/GH/GR/GV, 2008–2012*)
- Fourth generation (GP/GJ, 2012–present)
- First Generation (BT, 2003–2006*)
Outback (excluding “Outback Sport”):
- Second generation (2000–2004)
- Third generation (2003–2009)
- Fourth generation (2009–present)
See “Impreza” for information on the Outback Sport
Email is my best form of contact:
The History of SubaruAudio.net: http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/history-of-subaruaudio-net-adapters/
Why do I even need adapters or spacers to install aftermarket speakers? http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/spacers-adapters-why/
Why SubaruAudio.net adapters? http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/why-subaruaudio-net-adapters/
“I’m using these in my car guys and they work great! Way better than the floppy flimsy plastic spacers you would find from Crutchfield or Kartboy.” RJS5689 on LegacyGT.com
“+1 for Phenryiv1 and his spacers. Top-notch customer service and these things are RIDGED! This PVC he uses is perfect for spacers, better than MDF. You also don’t have to worry about them falling apart from moisture.
His turn-around time is excellent as well.” utc_pyro on LegacyGT.com
“Just installed mine – fit perfectly.” BlackHole on LegacyGT.com
Subaru speaker spacers / adapters, custom-cut to your application and the specifications of your chosen speakers. Price: $35 shipped for a pair; $60 shipped for all 4.
Contact me for more information: